The Apache Software Foundation
Community > Code
This page contains links to presentations and other key papers about the ASF and how Apache projects work that you may find useful. Many of these have been presented at ApacheCon conferences or other open source conferences.
These presentations are available under permissive licenses; please see each individual presentation for license details. More tips and links for speakers are available.
For those who prefer videos, our many volunteers have posted
- full videos of all ApacheCon NA 2013 presentations, and
- select ApacheCon NA 2014 presentations.
- Sessions from ApacheCon 2019 and 2020
Additional slides, videos and audio recordings can also be found through the ApacheCon Past Conference Resources page.
- Open Innovation in The Apache Software Foundation
- Writing and Distributing Software “The Apache Way”
- The Apache Software Foundation: No Jerks Allowed!
- Putting It Together
- An Overview of The Apache Software Foundation
- Communities and Collaboration
- Open Source: It’s just not for IT anymore
- More of Jims presentations here and here
Slides and talk recordings are linked from my Pressbook.
- History and Overview of Various Apache Way Presentations (annotated list, pre-2017)
- Apache Way: Effective Open Source Project Management ApacheCon 2017 (video)
- About: Apache - The Foundation, The Way, The Projects
- Managing Community Open Source Brands
- Improving Your Project’s Image And Brand
- Supporting Apache Brands While Making A Profit (video)
- Successfully Profiting From Apache Projects
- Practical Trademark Law For FOSS Projects
- The Apache Way (ApacheCon North America 2015 version)
- But we’re already open source? Why would we want to bring our project to the ASF?
- The Apache Way - amalgamation of many other decks - presented at University of Missouri 2015. Attempt to get everything in one deck.
J Aaron Farr
- Training Our Team in the Apache Way Keynote slides from Apache Big Data EU 2016
- Hortonworks Engineering Apache Training Training material described in keynote above
And more at his slideshare profile
Committers - please add to this page!
If you are an Apache committer and have presented slides on community topics around Apache, please add a link to your information here!
If you want to prepare a new presentation about any Apache project, feel free to start using Apache slide templates.