The Apache Software Foundation
Meritocracy in Action.
"Community Development" Is a very broad term, and means different things
to different people. Here are the services that the Community
Development (ComDev) project offers to everyone involved in projects at
the Apache Software Foundation.
Mentoring For Individuals And Help Getting Around
Mentoring For Projects
- Incubator Mentors
- TLPs and sub-projects
- Project Community Ombudsman
Education + Outreach
- Partnered Industry Events (FOSDEM etc.)
- Apache-oriented industry events (Hadoop Summit)
- MeetUps, BarCamps, etc.
- Event Representatives (booth coverage, etc.)
- Speaker Resources
- Stock Presentations
- Slide Templates
- Speaker Guide
- Code of Conduct
- Women in Apache events (e.g., ApacheCon Luncheon, etc.)
- ApacheCon family activities (e.g., kids programming challenge,
babysitting services, etc.)
- ApacheCon diversity scholarship (e.g., free registration, access to
Conference Travel Assistance
About This Website
This website is maintained by the
Apache Community Development PMC who works on the
archived mailing list.
Anyone use the Apache CMS tool in your web browser to suggest changes to this site. The content is written in markdown, and is published as static HTML by the CMS tool. Anyone can propose changes; but a committer on comdev must "Publish Site" to push changes from staging to production.
The underlying sources are stored in a Subversion repository at: