The Apache Software Foundation
Community > Code
"Community Development" Is a very broad term, and means different things
to different people. The Community Development (ComDev) project
provides a wide array of information, FAQs, and help to newcomers as
well as existing committers, and maintains a number of helpful tools.
Mentoring For Individuals And Help Getting Around
Mentoring For Projects
- Incubator Mentors - Many folks here are IPMC members or mentors too
- TLPs and sub-projects
- Project Community Ombudsman - get community advice on dev@community
Education + Outreach
- Code of Conduct
- Women in Apache events (e.g., ApacheCon Luncheon, etc.)
- ApacheCon family activities (e.g., kids programming challenge,
babysitting services, etc.)
- ApacheCon diversity scholarship (e.g., free registration, access to
Conference Travel Assistance
Tools And Code We Maintain
ComDev manages a number of helpful tools for finding your way around.
Each of the above tools is maintained by the ComDev PMC, so bring questions to the dev@ list.
- Stickers: Files for you to print, as well as shipping
stickers to some events, depending on geography
- Brochures: Files for you to print, for the ASF as a
whole, and for various projects.
- Banners and other promotional objects
- Assistance with producing swag
- Coordinating and producing documentation or book sprints
About This Website
This `community.apache.org` website is maintained by the
Apache Community Development PMC who works on the
archived mailing list.
See our Newcomer FAQ for how to suggest
changes to this website.
The content is written in Markdown and published by the ASF's CMS tool from a Subversion repository.
Committers can either use the [Apache CMS] system to edit, build, and publish this site, or you can see
the WEBSITE-HOWTO for
more details using just command line tools. Underlying source code: `https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/comdev/site/trunk/`