The Apache Software Foundation
Community > Code
Community Development: What We Do ¶
The Community Development (ComDev) project provides a wide array of information, FAQs, and help to newcomers and existing committers, and maintains a number of helpful tools.
Mentoring for Individuals and Help Getting Around ¶
- Contributors Guide
- Committers Guide
- Project Management Committees
Mentoring for Projects ¶
- Incubator Mentors - Many folks here are IPMC members or mentors, too
- Get community advice on dev@community
Education + Outreach ¶
- Partnered Industry Events (FOSDEM etc.)
- MeetUps, Apache BarCamps, etc.
- Event Representatives (booth coverage, etc.)
- Sample Presentations
- Code of Conduct
Conference Travel Assistance ¶
Tools and Code we Maintain ¶
ComDev manages a number of helpful tools for finding your way around.
- The Apache Projects Directory lists all our software projects. See the Project Directory code and the JSON data feeds available.
- Apache Committers Phone Book lists all individual Apache committers. See the Phonebook code.
- The Project Reporting Tool (requires login) helps Apache PMCs create quarterly board reports. See the Reporter code.
- The ComDev Wiki is also available for scratch or experimental work, although most permanent content should be here in the website.
The ComDev PMC maintains these tools, so bring questions to our dev@ list.
Physical artifacts ¶
- Stickers: Request project stickers for your event, depending on geography
- Assistance with producing swag for your project
About This Website ¶
The Apache Community Development PMC maintains this
community.apache.org website and works through the
firstname.lastname@example.org archived mailing list.
See our Newcomer FAQ for how to suggest changes to this website.
The content is written in Markdown and published automatically via a Jenkins job. Source code is hosted in a Git repository.
See the README.md for more info.