Status report for the Apache Community Development Project
The Commmunity Development PMC is responsible for helping people become
involved with Apache projects
No issues require board attention at this time.
GSoC is underway with two experienced admins and a newcomer learning the ropes.
Googles insistence on changing the process on the fly without consulting orgs continues to
frustrate admins who have to adapt quickly and communicate this to our 150+ projects. Our thanks go to
this years Admins.
We have 41 projects spread across 26 projects (17 TLPs and 9 Podlings).
Participating TLPS are:
Xerces, Pig, OODT, Hive, James, Tapestry, Ofbiz, Gora, Synapse, Derby, Axis, POI, Whirr, Lucene,
Velocity, Libcloud, Xalan
Participating Podlings are:
ODF Toolkit, Airavata, Stanbol, Photark, Wookie, OpenMeetings, Nuvem, Hama, VXQuery
- Publish updates to the GSoC Admin guidelines
- Verify that new mentor selection process is documented for GSoC
- Verify infra is OK with temporary accounts for GSoC
- Submit ASF to GSoC
- Work with projects to identify suitable GSoC tasks
Events and Speakers
Very little progress here as ConCom has been busy dealing with the RFP for US and the proposal for EU.
A number of ComDev members are helping out in ConCom activities.
- Agree scope of ConCom and ComDev collaboration on event support
- Raise awareness of Speaker and Event support materials
- Integrate speaker app with Lanyrd (hosts all ApacheCon NA12 slidedecks)
During the IPMC reboot discussions it was suggested that ComDev should take ownership of some aspects
of Incubation. This was rejected as ComDev felt that moving the problem was not solve it, however, it was
agreed in principle that overlaps existed. Now that Jukka seems to be be settling in nicely at the IPMC it
is time to restart these discussions.
- Work with the IPMC to clarify any future role for ComDev in the incubation