The Apache Software Foundation
Community > Code
"Community Development" Is a very broad term, and means different things
to different people. The Community Development (ComDev) project
provides a wide array of information, FAQs, and help to newcomers as
well as existing committers, and maintains a number of helpful tools.
Mentoring For Individuals And Help Getting Around
Mentoring For Projects
- Incubator Mentors - Many folks here are IPMC members or mentors too
- TLPs and sub-projects
- Project Community Ombudsman - get community advice on dev@community
Education + Outreach
- Code of Conduct
- Women in Apache events (e.g., ApacheCon Luncheon, etc.)
- ApacheCon family activities (e.g., kids programming challenge,
babysitting services, etc.)
- ApacheCon diversity scholarship (e.g., free registration, access to
Conference Travel Assistance
Tools And Code We Maintain
ComDev manages a number of helpful tools for finding your way around.
Each of the above tools is maintained by the ComDev PMC, so bring questions to the dev@ list.
- Stickers: Files for you to print, as well as shipping
stickers to some events, depending on geography
- Brochures: Files for you to print, for the ASF as a
whole, and for various projects.
- Banners and other promotional objects
- Assistance with producing swag
- Coordinating and producing documentation or book sprints
About This Website
This `community.apache.org` website is maintained by the
Apache Community Development PMC who works on the
archived mailing list.
You can use the Apache CMS tool in your web browser to suggest changes to this webpage! The content is written in markdown, and is published as static HTML by the CMS tool. Anyone can propose changes and email them to our dev@ list; but a committer on comdev must "Publish Site" to push changes from staging to production.
The underlying sources are stored in a Subversion repository at: